Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Supernatural Season 1: Episode 2 Wendigo

I'm usually one that when I find a show to watch, I will obsessively binge watch it until I have finished all of the episodes. So, of course, after I finished watching episode one I was ready for episode two. Usually, Allie and I will text about the current shows we are watching and ruin it for the other if they haven't watched it, so typing while watching this show is actually quite the same, except my notes aren't giving me the text back that I keep waiting for.


Supernatural
Season 1: Episode 2
Wendigo


If I remember correctly wasn't Wendigo also a Charmed episode of that wolf-like creature or something like that? I do believe I'm right, maybe not about the wolf part but I definitely remember that name from being in Charmed.






Sam goes to the graveyard and is visiting that girls grave. So she did died in their apartment. Maybe this is what have him the final push to leave and go with his brother. His little speech and teary eyes at her grave really gave my heart a tug. He seemed like he generally did love her and wanted to settle down with her. However, it was just a dream that he was having. The hand that shot up out of the grave scared the crap out of me. I am a little jumpy tonight though and it is late so cut me some slack on that.



Sam and Dean start off on their journey to follow the Dad since they have his journal and he left them coordinates to the place he is going. Speaking of the journey, the background is obviously green screened. It really pops out at you and looks so fake. Seriously, can you make it seem real at least?



Where is the dad? Is he going to be a character that you hardly ever see and sends them to these places to find the supernatural thing? Is he Charlie and these are his angels?



The Wendigo is a thing that moves really fast and growls. It's living in this cave and bringing it's victims to torture and kill them. I hope that we get to see its face so I can see if I can remember it from Charmed.



The scenery in this show is impeccable. It's so beautiful and seems so unreal. I'd love to visit some of these places (without any of the supernatural things of course).


The dad's journal reminds me a lot of the spell book in Charmed. I wonder if it is going to have every supernatural thing in it like the one in  Charmed? That would be kind of cool but I don't know if they will do that.


Okay, I'll admit it, I'm loving Dean. He's got that cool macho guy to him and he says all the awesome bad ass lines. He even had a heart to heart with Sam trying to get him to get his head together to go out and hunt these supernatural beings. You can tell he has that rough exterior but a soft side to him that we probably won't get to see a lot. I'm cool with that as long as he keeps up this bad boy aura to him and gives me sweet moments. He did go ahead of everyone so they could get out safely.



"You want some white meat bitch? I'm right here!" Classic line. I'm going to have to find a way to work that into conversation somehow.



With all being saved from the Wendigo, the boys go out to find dad. Of course we can't do this without the boys driving the muscle car and the rock music onto the next adventure.



When the episode concluded, I looked it up and the Wendigo is an episode of Charmed. The two shows had different backgrounds on it but they look relatively the same with Supernatural having the modern age twist to it. The two images belong are from their respectable shows. (Sorry about the bad one from Supernatural, I was to busy watching the show and hit the print screen late and didn't go back)










**DISCLAIMER: None of the photos are mine. They belong to The WB, Charmed and Supernatural.**


~Morgan~

No comments:

Post a Comment