Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

WCW: Lana Parrilla

One of the things that Allie and I will be doing on our blog is WCW, MCM, and TBT. Today being Wednesday, we have our first installment of WCW. What better person to award the first WCW to than Lana Parrilla?





When I first joined twitter on my television account, I came to follow a bunch of fandoms so I could talk to other fanatics about my obsessiveness of my favorite shows. During this time, it was August of 2013, right before the season 3 premiere of Once Upon a Time. I had only been a fan of the show for a couple of months and had rewatched the first two season twice by this time. I quickly found an array of different people that were obsessed, if not more, with OUAT. I found that people were intensely loving certain characters and formed bonds creating a side fandom of sorts with each other. You had the ugly ducklings for the main character, Hookers for Captain Hook, and then you had paired fandoms with OTP in the show such as Rumbelle. I believe one of the biggest fandoms that OUAT has is the Evil Regals for The Evil Queen. With so many characters, there were even feuds for the OTP character matches and who should be with who, but for the purpose of the post we will only be talking about the face behind the evil queen.



I first started watching Once Upon a Time because I'm a sucker for fairytales. When I found this show, I was so intrigued to see how they were going to take a twist on some of my favorite childhood favorites. Also, Jennifer Morrison was staring in the show and she happened to be one of my favorite actresses. I was sold. I had to see it.



The show is quite good. There are some things that I wish I could switch up about it but I genuinely think that the writing is great. One character that I was surprised that I liked was The Evil Queen. I'm not one that generally like the overpowering evil woman in a show. I like that about my men. The meaner and more bad ass the better! I don't like woman to be that way, however, The Evil Queen is different. You expect her to be bad, you want to see what she is doing to people and how she plans to ruin the pretty little dainty woman in the show. I liked it and loved to see her come on the screen. That and Regina(aka Evil Queen) had some impeccable outfits. They were gorgeous and something that caught my attention. Of course, since I liked her, I had to find interviews and other movies that this actress was in and obsess even more. (Yeah I'm nerdy) I found out that she is a great person. I can't believe the amazing acting skills that she has. She really brings it all out to play the Evil Queen.


Lana Parrilla is one of the sweetest, kindest and love able female actresses that I have ever came across. You can literally feel the love and devotion that she has for her fans. She makes sure to protect them at all cost. When people are feuding or degrading about Swanqueen (Jennifer Morrison character and Lana's character love interest relationship) she doesn't say "it's not going to happen" or anything rude. She embraces it and loves that fandom even more. I have never seen an actress so involved and loving to her fans. She tries to make it a point to go out of her way and participate during live shows when she can. How humbling that someone famous shows everyone that they are just like them? That is wonderful.



For me, I couldn't imagine a better actress out there. She is so genuine and really beautiful. Her smile alone can turn the most cynical person around. Her beauty radiates and you can tell she doesn't flaunt how pretty she is in front of others. She's just a humble person that I feel like would be wonderful to be around.


The Evil Regal fandom is probably one of the biggest and greatest one that I have ever came across. They are always doing projects and sending love to each other in honor of Lana. It is so heart warming that so many people have came together in honor of one woman. As I have seen on twitter, when people are down they remind each other of her love for them and really have helped people changed their lives for the better. I love seeing all of the evil regals great doing and appauld them for all the wonderful things that they do.



What do you think of Lana? If you are a fan of Once Upon a Time, what fandom do you belong to?


**DISCLAIMER: None of the photos are mine. They belong to Lana Parrilla, ABC, and the people who took them.**


~Morgan~

2 comments:

  1. OutlawQueen here! Love this post! She truly is an inspiration

    ReplyDelete